Looking back on 2010 this is eerily similar. I’m nothing if not consistent!
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Managed my first project at work – I’ve sort of done it before but nothing so large and high profile.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Not really – I was going to post more and didn’t… I was going to be in more pictures and that definitely didn’t happen.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
More quality time with the kids (we had plenty but more is always better)
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The Madison 1/2 Marathon – I finished the race felling strong and didn’t feel too terrible afterwards!!!
Hannah’s birthday – I think she really “got it” this year and it was fun!
Blake’s birthday – He had a BLAST at his party
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Completing the 1/2 Marathon (again) and running a PR in the Bellin Run
9. What was your biggest failure?
Losing my temper with the kids more than I would have liked
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing major – seems like I get a cold or two throughout the year as well as the flu (stomach variety – blech) each year now
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My new Android Phone – LOVE IT
12. Where did most of your money go?
Mortgage, daycare, car payment
13. What did you get really excited about?
Extra vacation! With my new job came another week of vacation and it was FABULOUS.
14. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Dynamite by Taio Cruz – Blake does a song and dance routine and it kills me each time
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? Happier
– thinner or fatter? Probably about the same
– richer or poorer? About the same (we both got raises so maybe slightly richer?)
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Spending time outdoors as a family
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
18. How did you spend Christmas?
With family in the UP and Wisconsin and again post-Christmas in Illinois
19. What was your favorite TV program?
Breaking Bad, The Good Wife
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
Paleo Everyday and Paleo Solution – came late in the year but I think they’ll be responsible for big changes come 2012.
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
Mostly what I listen to now is dance music during workouts – nothing really stands out.
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
I watched the foreign version of all of the “Dragon Tattoo” movies and those are really what sticks with me for 2011. Sorry Twilight Saga!
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Fought a crazy cold. I turned 33.
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
26. What kept you sane?
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
When your kids say “Mommy, sit with me” you shuld.