But I figured I would keep with tradition and do my usual year end update.
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before? Ran the Madison 1/2 Marathon; Placed in a race (so it was for my age division and I got 3rd out of 4 but WHATEVER – I’m still proud)
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Not even close – I didn’t post as often as I would have liked, I gained back more weight than I would have liked and I am not in nearly as many pictures as I would have liked.
We’ll see about making 2011 resolutions. I think “goals” are a better idea and right now I’m shooting for a 2:00-ish (or less) finish for a 1/2 marathon. I’m in the first week of a LONG training program with a tempo run tonight so we’ll see…
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes, my friend Sara had a little boy who is now 1!!!
4. Did anyone close to you die? Thankfully, no.
5. What countries did you visit? None. But we went to Houston and I went to North Carolina for Taunya’s baby shower (yay the triplets are here!!!).
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? More patience.
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? April 29 (Hannah turned 1), December 19 (Blake turned 4)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Finishing the 1/2 Marathon despite the ridiculous heat.
9. What was your biggest failure? Losing my temper way more often that I would have liked.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? The stomach flu, twice. Ick.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Late in the year I got the Nook Color (thanks mom and dad) and I bought myself some books… And I will probably do that more now, too! I also got some CW-X tights to wear on long runs and they were worth every penny!!!
12. Where did most of your money go? Target
13. What did you get really excited about? Not getting laid off (really, what a relief to continue with 2 paychecks)
14. What song will always remind you of 2010? Dog Days are Over (it is on my workout playlist and it often ends up on repeat when I run).
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? Happier
– thinner or fatter? Fatter (whoops!)
– richer or poorer? The same???
16. What do you wish you’d done more of? Spent more time outdoors with the kids
17. What do you wish you’d done less of? Worrying
18. How did you spend Christmas? In Wisconsin with my family – for the second time in my life (the other was when Blake was born) I did not go to the UP for the holiday and it was sort of strange. But much more relaxed and still a very nice holiday.
19. What was your favorite TV program? Has to be a tie between Breaking Bad/Dexter/House.
20. What were your favorite books of the year? Is it weird if I say the Hunger Games series is tied with The Immortal Life of Herietta Lacks. They were both good for such different reasons. But I LOVED them!
21. What was your favorite music from this year? Brendan James, Anything from Glee (I’m a “Gleek” I guess)
22. What were your favorite films of the year? The Town, Inception
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? 32, we had an easy night at home and ended up celebrating later on that month with dinner downtown with friends.
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Not really sure about this one – I had a pretty great year.
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? None? Basically I try not to look like a slob at work and I try and dress comfortably during the week.
26. What kept you sane? Exercise
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010. Just breathe.