(I’m a dork and when I think of that I think of the BNL song “Grade 9”)
Once again I’m linking to this post…
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Gave birth to a baby girl.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t even remember if I had any resolutions… so I think this one goes into the “Fail” category because I certainly didn’t keep any resolutions!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Me! (And – Danelle and Sarah and Casey)
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Hate to say yes to this one but early in the year we lost my Grandma Olsen. I would have loved her to meet Hannah but am so glad that Blake was able to meet her and visit her before she passed.
5. What countries did you visit?
Another to the “Fail” category. We stayed put (but that’s what a newborn will do to you).
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
A fitness plan. Obviously that was hard to do with a newborn and being pregnant for a good chunk of the year but I would like to stick to a plan this year.
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April 29 – Hannah’s Birthday
November 16 – starting my new job
December 19 – Blake turned 3 (and for some reason that just seemed to be when he became a *boy* and was no longer a baby)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
Losing my temper – how often I did it seems to have been inversely proportional to the amount of sleep I got.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
We got the “ItzBeen” timer when Hannah was a newborn and it was AMAZING and so helpful with knowing when to feed her, etc. The sucky part was that about 12 weeks or so later it quit working. But it was good while it lasted!
Oh – and of course our HDTV (and at the very end of the year our Blu-Ray)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
This might sound lame, but I really think Blake. He adjusted so well to having a baby in the house and is just such a sweet and caring big brother (well, until Hannah became mobile and started to touch his toys… then things changed!).
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The Republican Party – why would you want to stop healthcare reform just to spite the President? I just don’t understand it. If you are serving the public (as you were elected to office to do) and the majority of folks would like to have affordable healthcare then I see no reason why that isn’t on your agend!
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really excited about?
Shopping for a little girl!!!
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Black Eyed Peas – “I Gotta Feelin'” (because really, there is nothing cuter than your 3-year old singing it!)
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? Happier
– thinner or fatter? Thinner (but c’mon, I was pregnant at this time last year)
– richer or poorer? Richer, maybe???
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
As Blake told me (and I think you could hear my heart break a bit), “Mommy, you don’t always have to be cooking. You gotta play this game with me, right Mommy? Right?” So yeah, I wish I’d spent more time just letting the house go to crap and hanging out and playing games with the kids.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Eating garbage (not literally, of course but I really could eat less junk food and that would only be a good thing)
20. How did you spend Christmas?
At the cottage! Santa came to the cottage for the first time (though, if I didn’t say it before, Santa has to do a better job of figuring out which presents are opened on Christmas Eve and which are opened on Christmas day…)
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Yes, with my girl! She’s the cutest!
22. What was your favorite TV program?
This is tough… Dexter for drama (with House always coming in a close second) and Modern Family for comedy
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I’m really not someone who hates…
24. What was the best book you read?
Beautiful Boy – David Sheff
I had to go back through my reading list and figure it out… But I really enjoyed this one – even if it was a REALLY depressing subject I ended up learning quite a bit about addiction.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Neko Case, Girl Talk (for working out)
26. What did you want and get?
A Nike+iPod connector – I’ve used it once already this year and I can’t wait to run again!!! (Yes, I am truly a big freakin’ dork)
27. What did you want and not get?
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
(Brian wants me to write in “Taken” but I honestly thought that movie was just plain dumb)
I can’t really think of one… We didn’t go to many (see: Giving birth) so it’s tough for me to pick something – I actually don’t remember what I saw in 2009!!!
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Got a babysitter (!!!) and went out to dinner with Brian. I turned 31 (and man, that just seems OLD)
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Dressing the pre- and post-baby belly
32. What kept you sane?
Working out – what a great stress reliever!
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Nobody really… I’m not one for celebrity ‘crushes’
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
35. Who did you miss?
Taunya – I miss my work buddy!
36. Who was the best new person you met?
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Sleep when you can! Seriously – I had to learn this one again with a newborn in the house.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Tonight’s gonna be a good night!
I really do feel like although it was a tough one it was still a good one. But yeah, I’m ready for 2010! Bring it!