I got this quiz from another blog I read (LOVE it) and figured it’d be a good way to look back on the year.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Thrown up on myself multiple times while driving (thank you baby #2), had a first trimester ultrasound (it was awesome to see #2 so early – with B I only had the 20-week ultrasound)
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Heck no – I really hope to eat more veggies next year but we’ll see…
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes – sister-in-law, cousin’s wife, friends – babies all around!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Just the good ol’ U-S-of-A
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
More sleep (I’m easy to please, I guess)
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
November 4 – I was happy with election results!!!
December 2 – I turned 30
December 19 – B turned 2
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Expecting baby #2
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not keeping up my workouts (I got way too lazy)
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My new green purse from Kohl’s (I think it’s super cute and it was CHEAP)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Everyone who voted in the election (even if you didn’t vote Democratic – it’s great to get out the vote!)
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The Republican party
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Finding out we’re having a girl the second time around
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Sadly it will be “I Kissed a Girl” (a song that I’m not all that fond of)
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
a) happier (or the same) b)fatter c)richer (thank you promotion!)
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Eating garbage food (way too much eating out)
20. How did you spend Christmas?
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
To be cheesy I’ll say I fell more in love with B – he’s getting such a personality!!!
22. What was your favorite TV program?
I’d have to go with Weeds (Dexter sort of disappointed me)
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Not that I can think of – there’s very few people I would say that I actually hate
24. What was the best book you read?
Tie: Water for Elephants, The Hour I First Believed and… gasp – The Twilight series
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I know I’m late to catch on to this one but Bishop Allen
26. What did you want and get?
An iPod Nano and a video camera
27. What did you want and not get?
Nothing I can think of – I feel very fortunate that I have what I need and pretty much everything that I want (I’d LOVE to have won the lotto)
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Can’t think of anything… If I had to pick a new film it’d be Batman (but I guess I don’t get to the movies much)
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Hung out with family (low-key) – 30!!!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Less morning/all day sickness
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
uh… fashion concept? Maybe that says something about me…
32. What kept you sane?
More of a who but I’m going to say Brian
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Pretty much everything that came out of Sarah Palin’s mouth – the thought of her as VP still makes me want to vomit (and I’m over the morning/all day sickness)
35. Who did you miss?
Coworkers at Abbott
36. Who was the best new person you met?
I’m counting it as 2008 even though it would technically be 2007 (but late…) but my “new” coworkers
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Don’t sweat the small stuff – really (I’m still working on this one)
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I’m in major sap mode…
I’d go hungry; I’d go black and blue,
I’d go crawling down the avenue.
No, there’s nothing that I wouldn’t do
To make you feel my love
-Make You Feel My Love (various artists)